Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Home.


On Saturday, January 7th, I will be performing a song on my ukulele at Nectar, a non-profit arts forum in Santa Barbara. 


Each showcase raises money for a specific charitable cause. This time the proceeds will go towards the  Transition House, a family homeless shelter in Santa Barbara. There are over 25 participating artists; Live dance, theatre, music, performance art and more. Taking place at 8pm at the marvelous Yoga Soup (www.yogasoup.com). $12 at the door....spread the word!!! 


Here are the lyrics that I am working with so far. Since the theme of this event is "HOME", I drew inspiration from the day to day tribulations of being human and the splendor of simplicity. I really really love singing this song and am looking forward to sharing this live on Saturday as well as in a music video that I plan to create.


Verse One:
Some days don't go your way
Trying to play catch up with what
Who knows
Feels like everyone's passing you by


New things are easy to find
Walking with you in the evening light
There's so much to see


Chorus:
You have all you need right here right now
Don't need any glitter or gold
It's the simple things that make you feel at home
It's the simple things that set you free


Verse 2:
Everyone morning I wake up
Try to let go of this story and breathe
Who am I, who am I really?


Friendly smiles come my way
Walking up this hill of life
Don't know where I'm going to


(but that's okay cuz)
Chorus:
I got all I need right here right now
Don't need any glitter or gold
It's the simple things in life that make me feel at home
It's the simple things in life that set me free


Verse Three:
We can try to write this tune
Gotta let go of what we can't change
But we still need to keep the faith


The dow may fall
But our love will only rise
On this beautiful day


Chorus:
We have all we need right here right now
Don't need any glitter or gold
It's the simple things in life that make us feel at home
It's the simple things in life that set us free



No comments:

Post a Comment